Cotton Mask - Paw Prints (Kids)
Cotton "surgical style" mask with pleats.
Kids size - approximate age range of 5 - early teenager
Two different prints to be able to quickly determine which side is which. (Like the fabric? Buy yardage at Spack Craft Fabric. )
Includes bendable nose wire (removable and replaceable) and pocket for inserting an extra layer.
Kids sizing is 1" shorter and 1/2" narrower with two pleats instead of three compared to the adults sizing.
Choose your attachment method!
Slightly different attachment options for kids sizing as we do not offer any attachment style that loops around the head due to choking concerns.
If you would like your child to be able to put the mask on and off easily by themselves, we recommend the elastic ear loops attachment style.
Elastic ear loops - 1/8" elastic to loop around your ears. The elastic will stretch over time, all elastic ear loops masks come with a free replacement set of loops. See our video demonstration for how to replace them.
Cotton twill ties - A set of two ties, one on each side. The ties are not sewn directly to the mask, allowing for them to be replaced if necessary. Best for long term wear and longevity of the attachment method
Machine wash (any temperature) and dry.
For best results, wash in a garment bag and cold water for elastic lifespan - note - many news articles suggest laundry in hot water, but then conclude that simple cold water and soap are enough to kill the virus.
Use your own judgement and risk tolerance to determine your wash temperature (if you are washing your clothes in cold, your mask should be fine too).
Iron/press on cotton (high) setting if you don't like a wrinkly look - note - avoid ironing over the plastic coated nose piece as it will melt if you do so. Either iron around it or remove it before ironing.
See our blog article for more information on attachment methods and care instructions including a video on how to iron your mask.
Wash prior to first use and after taking off for any reason.
Again, please don't even try it on before washing. Spack Craft is doing everything possible to ensure products are coming from a clean and healthy home, but its best practice to wash before wearing to reduce the risk factor even further.
- Spack Craft is not making any health or medical claims with regards to handmade masks. This is not a medical grade mask, please use at your own risk and remember to practice proper PPE techniques.
- Use of a cotton mask is not a way of prevention of COVID-19, they are intended to be used in conjunction with physical distancing and proper hygiene practices.
- Spack Craft is offering a limited number of cotton masks for sale in addition to making a number for charity.
- If you are a first responder or healthcare provider, please "contact us" with your credentials for a discount code.
- This is a handmade product and as such, pattern placement varies from item to item. We do our best to capture accurate colours, however there can be some variation based on your screen or monitor.
A comment on shipping:
- Spack Craft utilizes Canada Post for shipping. The base price for shipping within Ontario (where we are located) is about $10 and goes up from there based on where the package is going. This doesn't change whether you purchase one or multiples (to a certain extent).
- We do not offer service through lettermail as there is no tracking (and its not paper so we aren't supposed to offer this option).
- We offer curbside pick-up in Binbrook ON, in order to utilize this option, you must select this option during check-out.
- We offer local delivery to the Greater Hamilton Area (ON), in order to utilize this option, you must select this option during check-out.
Orders are shipped several times per week and usually are shipped within 1-3 business days of payment receipt.
Orders are shipped via Canada Post by default, but we reserve the right to change shipping methods at any time.
Shipping overages (if any) - the difference on all overages of one dollar or more will be refunded back to the payment method provided.
Shipping fees are automatically calculated by weight. We regret that we cannot ship small items for less via oversized envelope as our products are not paper. As such, we are willing to offer local pick-up in the Greater Hamilton Area or at any event that Spack Craft is participating in. Local pick-up is available by request, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to co-ordinate.
If you have a question with regard to shipping costs, require a shipping upgrade or would like to request a different carrier, please contact us at email@example.com